NOVAFIDELITY X50 FAQ
Below you will find answers to some commonly asked questions about the X50:
- How many CDs will the NOVAFiDELITY X50 hold?
- Can I connect the NOVAFiDELITY X50 to my existing Hi-Fi system?
- What colours/finishes does the NOVAFiDELITY X50 come in?
- Where can I see the NOVAFiDELITY X50?
- Can I import my music from iTunes to the NOVAFiDELITY X50?
- What is the warranty on the NOVAFiDELITY X50?
- Can I record from the Internet Radio on the NOVAFiDELITY X50?
- Can I record from Vinyl/Cassette on the NOVAFiDELITY X50?
- How do I connect the NOVAFiDELITY X50 to the internet?
- Does the NOVAFiDELITY X50 support playback of DSD & DXD files
- Can the NOVAFiDELITY X50 Play/Rip Super Audio CDs or SACDs?
If you can't find what you're looking for here? Check out our support page.
1. How many CDs will the NOVAFiDELITY X50 hold?
This depends on the size of hard-drive and audio file format you choose when ripping. We offer the following guidance:
|Audio File Format\Hard-drive Size||500GB||1TB||2TB|
|WAV (lossless)||650 CDs||1,300 CDs||2,600 CDs|
|FLAC (lossless)||1,300 CDs||2,600 CDs||5,200 CDs|
|MP3 (320kbps)||3,000 CDs||6,000 CDs||12,000 CDs|
|MP3 (192kbps)||5,000 CDs||10,000 CDs||20,000 CDs|
We recommend ripping CDs in the FLAC audio file format as it is the same quality as WAV (i.e. lossless/CD quality), but FLAC files are roughly half the size of WAV files because the compression is more efficient.
5. Can I import my music from iTunes to the NOVAFiDELITY X50?
You can import digital audio files to the NOVAFiDELITY X50 from iTunes, your PC, Mac, NAS, USB memory sticks or external hard-drives! It's possible to do this over your home network or by connecting directly to the NOVAFiDELITY X50 via USB.
For a full list of the file formats supported for playback see the tech spec.
The NOVAFiDELITY X50 is a media server and streamer, which means you can stream music to/from other devices (e.g. iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, PC/NAS etc.) without transferring it to the X50.
For instructions on how to import music to your NOVAFiDELITY X50 please see the how-to guide on the support section of our web site.
6. What is the warranty on the NOVAFiDELITY X50?
We offer a standard 1-year warranty on the NOVAFiDELITY X50.
We are the official UK importer and UK Service Centre, which means we handle all of the returns across resellers in the UK.
7. Can I record from the Internet Radio on the NOVAFiDELITY X50?
Yes, you can record from Internet Radio straight to the internal hard-drive on the NOVAFiDELITY X50.
The NOVAFiDELITY X50 also gives you access to On Demand content e.g. pod casts and BBC radio programmes.
For instructions on how to do this please see the how to guide on the support section of our web site.
8. Can I record from Vinyl/Cassette on the NOVAFiDELITY X50?
No, the X50 does not have an analogue to digital converter built-in
9. How do I connect the NOVAFiDELITY X50 to the internet?
You can connect the NOVAFiDELITY X50 to the internet via:
- an ethernet cable plugged directly from your broadband hub to the NOVAFiDELITY X50; or
- Wi-Fi using the optional USB Wi-Fi dongle.
For more instructions on how to connecting the NOVAFiDELITY X50 to the internet, see the how to guide on the support section of our web site.
10. Does the NOVAFiDELITY X50 support playback of DSD & DXD files?
Yes. The NOVAFiDELITY X50 supports playback of the following DSD & DXD file types:
- DSD64 (2.8224MHz);
- DSD128 (5.6448MHz);
- DXD (24bit/352.8kHz).
11. Can the NOVAFiDELITY X40 Play/RipSACD's?
Unfortunately not. There are no technical barriers to doing this but unfortunately Sony & Philips who own the format, don't allow it.
It is however, possible to store and play files audio files ripped from Super Audio CD's or SACD's on the NOVAFiDELITY X50. By first ripping them on a PC and then transfering them across to the X50 either via memory stick or over a network.