NOVAFiDELITY UK Support
How to: Update or install FreeDB on your X10 or NOVAFiDELITY X30
Below you will find:
What is FreeDB and why do I need to install/update it?
FreeDB enables the X10 and NOVAFiDELITY X30 to auto-tag (adding album and track info) the music from CDs that you rip. Artists are continually release new albums and these are being added to FreeDB all the time.
If your X10 or NOVAFiDELITY X30 is connected to the internet it will access the latest version of FreeDB online, which should contain all the latest Album information. If not it uses the version installed on the internal hard-drive.
Updates to FreeDB are released periodically with new album information added, which you can install on your X10 or NOVAFiDELITY X30 (see instructions below).
If you re-format the hard-drive in your X10 or X30 or choose to install a hard-drive yourself, you will need to re-install FreeDB aftwards.
Step by step instructions for installing/updating FreeDB (X10 & X30)
- Download the Complete FreeDB file from our website here
- Note: The download is a zip file and you do not need to unzip it
- Copy the zip file to a USB memory stick
- Insert the USB memory stick into your X10 or X30
- From the home menu on the X10 or X30 go:
- SETUP -> CD RIPPING -> FREEDB INSTALL
- Confirm that you want to install FreeDB, select OK
- Select USB1
- Locate the FreeDB update file
- Press OK on the remote to start the update.